Defeating the Dangers of Dismissal
Date Friday, 27 July 2018
Time: Registration 8:45 Close 16:30
Investment: R2530,00 (incl. VAT) per person (Less 10% for 3 or more bookings).
Includes a working manual, meals, attendance certificate and parking.
Venue: Sunnyside Park Hotel, Carse O'Gowrie Drive, Parktown, Johannesburg
The South African workplace is undergoing major changes due to growing pressures for transformation, economic downturn, new transformative legislation and increasing employee expectations for advancement. These pressures have created strong challenges for labour relations and human resources practitioners and for those who manage the labour force of each workplace.
This ground-breaking seminar will:
Discuss the effects on your workplace of:
- The wide ranging meaning of dismissal
- Retrenchments and dismissals for misconduct & poor performance
- Automatically unfair dismissals
- Substantively unfair dismissals
- Procedurally unfair dismissals
- Consequences of unfair dismissal
- Avoiding prosecution for unfair dismissals while ensuring a productive and harmonious workplace
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Private and public sector labour relations and human resources managers, directors and practitioners
- Change management practitioners
- Senior executives and line managers in all sectors
PRESENTER: Ivan Israelstam, CEO of Labour Law Management Consulting has over 15 years’ experience in change management and CCMA litigation, and 4 years as a CCMA Commissioner. He writes numerous labour law columns in major publications and is the author of three labour law books. Ivan chairs RCCI’s Labour Relations committee and gives conference, seminar, radio and TV talks. He is featured in the book WHO’S WHO IN SOUTHERN AFRICA.
DATE & TIME: 5 June 2018 (Registration 8:45 Close 16:30 latest)
VENUE: Sunnyside Park Hotel corner of Princess of Wales Terrace & Carse O’Gowrie Rd, Parktown, JOHANNESBURG
INVESTMENT: R2530, 00 (including VAT) per person (Less 10% for 3 or more bookings). This includes a working manual, meals, an attendance certificate & parking.